Monday, February 25, 2013

Warm Bodies (Movie)

Title: Warm Bodies

Year: 2013

Director: Jonathan Levine

Rating by MPAA: PG-13 for zombie violence and some language


Synopsis: After R (a highly unusual zombie) saves Julie from an attack, the two form a relationship that sets in motion a sequence of events that might transform the entire lifeless world.

Official Page and IMDb Page

Official Trailer





ELL SAID

Rating:

Review:


When I hear Zombies, I think halloween. When I hear drama, I just roll my eyes. When I heard the two together, I was intrigued. I went to see Warm Bodies and, honestly, it was really good. It had a great cast and was a very uniquely made story, with magnificent make up and visual effects. Many funny parts dot the movie and the obvious cheesy moments too, but it had suspense and action and even a bit of gore. After all, you can't have zombies without gore. This love story based on a post-apocalyptic world of zombies makes for a great movie to watch for both guys and girls because of its excellent mixture of action, romance, drama and comedy.  In fact, it's a movie even my mum enjoyed, and she's not into comedy nor zombies. Here's hoping that other loves stories follow this movie's example going forward.




STEPH SAID

Rating:

Review:

When I first heard about Warm Bodies, about what it’s about, I decided to not watch it. I didn’t even watch the trailer. I don’t like zombies or horror movies, and after Twilight, I’m skeptic about love stories involving a fantastical creature. However, I was very surprised with, and intrigued by, the amount of guys that told me they wanted to watch it. I mean, if a guy wants to watch a love story there may be a catch somewhere. I decided to watch the trailer. Two days later I was in the theater watching the movie.

It is everything you’d expect from the trailers, and more. It has the perfect combination of drama, comedy, gore and love. The dramatic parts made me shed a few tears and the comedic parts had me laughing out loud. What was more amazing was how subtly the movie changed from one to the other. Usually, movies are funny at first then, get all dramatic. Warm Bodies kept moving back and forth. This is why, I think, it attracted such a large and varied audience: it wasn’t a comedy with a happily ever after nor a drama with a few jokes, it was a perfect mixture of both genres.

The story’s general development is foreseeable; nevertheless, it is entertaining to watch. On top of it being entertaining, some unexpected plot twists will keep you at the edge of your seat.

Nicholas Hoult excelled in his performance. He managed to look dead and still be funny and portray emotions. His character made the movie likable and, surprisingly, very relatable. Trying to seem “normal”, to fit in and to not freak out the girl/boy of your dreams is, I think, every teenager’s goal.

0 comments:

Share your thoughts...