Wednesday, June 3, 2015

how i met your mother - Season 1

how i met your mother 

Number of Episodes: 22

Broadcasting Station: CBS

Original release: September 19, 2005 – May 15, 2006

Official Synopsis: How I Met Your Mother Season 1 tells a love story in reverse. Egged on by his best friend's upcoming nuptials, Ted believes he finds the woman of his dreams in Robin - though destiny might have something different in mind.



STEPH SAID

Rating:

Review:

I'm not a sit-com savvy, but the first season of how i met your mother has some of the best comedy I've seen. It had me laughing out loud from beginning to end. What I loved most about it, and what I think is the reason for its success, is its unconventional characters. The characters of himym are practically the opposite of the usual, stereotypical characters found in comedy. We have Ted, a guy who is in search of his true love; Robin, a woman who doesn't want to get married or have kids; and Marshall and Lily, a couple that has been together for nine years.

However, what takes this series from really good to wonderful is, most definitely, Barney Stinson. Neil Patrick Harris' portrayal of the suit-loving gigolo was hysterical and somehow touching. When I saw the reason he was a suit, I was moved. At the same time, I could almost hear him sing “Evil inside of me, is on the riiise”.

Something else that make this series quite different from others is its seamless weaving of good drama with comedy. There were scenes in this series that literally brought tears to my eyes. The final scene was particularly sad. During those moments I would make a double take, and suddenly realize I was watching a comedy. And then, loved the series even more.


The only thing that worries me is the fact that from the beginning of the series we already know the ending: Ted founds the woman of his dreams and has two kids with her. Robin ends up as the kids' aunt. Knowing that the series is nine seasons long, I fear that the writers are just going to beat around the bush for most of the series.

0 comments:

Share your thoughts...